Favorite tools that I love and professional genealogists use:
Folds flat, comes in a carrying case to make taking it to grandmas to scan her photos and documents for take a picture of her famous Bread Pudding easy as can be. Perfect lighting to make script easy to read and food to actually look appetizing for your family cookbook. Use your smartphone, or DSL camera. For a great price click here.
- Expandable work surface (from 13 to 22 inches)
- Portable, Compact and Lightweight (< 3 lbs)
- Adjustable height (from 12 to 29 inches)
- Sets up in seconds and requires no tools, FREE phone holder and cup holder
Great to take to the library and archives that leave little room to work beside microfilm readers! It’s light, compact and easy to set up and provides a stable work area!
You can find it here.
- Easily pairs laser projection keyboard & mouse for your Iphone, Ipad, Smartphone, laptop or tablets
- For devices with bluetooth, operation systems: Windows, iOS, Android, Mac OS
- English QWERTY keyboard layout
No need to pack a bulky keyboard! Laser keyboard shows up on any flat surface! Easily write notes, respond to emails and texts, etc. from your phone or tablet.
Check it out here.
- USB-powered display; no external power cord required
- Ultra-thin design
- Smart foldable flex-stand for either landscape or portrait viewing
- Multiple connections to USB monitors
- Perfect accessory for the frequent traveler or on-the-go presentations I can’t tell you how many times when I’ve been traveling, at a library or archive that I was wishing I had my 2nd screen. This is super light, only 2 pounds and can view documents on screen vertically or horizontally – and works great on the Tabletote stand shown above. Bonus – it works with PC and Mac computers!
Read more about it here.
Note: I love to promote good things to people. I HATE spending good money on products that just don’t do the job! I work hard to find the best tools and products that I can recommend, thus saving you from all the trial and error that I go through. These links are here as a service to you, as I want to make it easy for you to find these products. Disclaimer, I do receive a very small compensation for providing the links, though the opinions are my own.