30 Days to Becoming Unforgettable Challenge – Day 1: The Gathering
Welcome to The Pachyderm Project’s challenge! I hope that this project will be just the beginning of your making your life not only well-documented, but making it memorable in every way!
Alice Waters once said, “This is the power of gathering: it inspires us, delightfully, to be more hopeful, more joyful, more thoughtful: in a word, more alive.”
We are going to start off by gathering everything into one place that documents, identifies and names us. Where are you right now? Appreciating who we are, where we are at, what we have allows us to acknowledge our blessings and also to open our heart and minds for new opportunities.
Taking inventory is a necessary step to growth, but also to records who we are, right now.
Items to Gather:
- Birth certificate
- Personal Id (driver’s license, passport, social security card, school id, etc.)
- Marriage certificate, divorce papers, adoption papers, etc.
- School diplomas, report cards, awards
- Work id’s, awards, certifications, etc.
- Library card, association membership cards, gym membership cards, etc.
- Shopping cards, where do you shop? Your favorites?
- Gift cards – what gift cards did you receive for the holidays, what’s your fav?
Not only should you scan and print a copy (you will be so glad you did if you ever lose one or it ever stolen!), but it help you see what will someday become the artifacts that remain of your life.
Ponder Point: What’s missing? What would you like to have in your life that isn’t? Is there a diploma or certification that you desire? Each item has a story, what is it and record it.
What items do you think I should add to the list?